Dear Brothers and Sisters in Christ:
Grace and peace of our Lord, Jesus Christ be with you. Throughout our lives, we give of ourselves in so many ways. We support our Church, pass on the faith, and do our part to ensure that St. John’s continues to thrive for generations to come.
You, as a member of the St. John family, can leave a lasting legacy to your parish.
The St. John’s Parish Legacy encourages and assists legacy giving by our parishioners to support the long-term financial future of the parish. We also wish to be a source of end-of-life resources for our members in keeping with the Catholic faith and Catholic teachings.
Mission: Your gift planning can be a very beneficial tool in helping St. John the Evangelist Catholic Church fund ongoing projects such as: new roofs, air conditioning, tree trimming, resurfacing roads and parking lots; as well as to support any other Catholic organizations of your choice. Whether it is simply including St. John’s in your will or trust or creating a charitable gift annuity or charitable lead trust, your gift to St. John’s can help you create a lasting legacy that is meaningful to you and your family.
What do we do:
Through planned giving you can support a parish or diocesan ministry of your choice, while also creating tax savings advantages and, with some opportunities, even lifelong payments for yourself or loved ones. Opportunities for giving include:
- Bequests/Wills: A legal document revealed after your death that assigns your assets to those you have chosen. A will can be used to give a fixed amount or a percentage of your assets to the Church’s ministry or Church’s projects.
- Charitable Gift Annuity: A simple contract between a donor and St. John the Evangelist Catholic Church that provides the donor with above-market fixed quarterly payments for life, a capital gains reduction, and significant tax deductions, while the Church receives a remainder gift upon the annuitant’s death.
- Charitable Lead Trusts: The designation of the Church as the beneficiary of current income generated from the donor’s assets for a designated number of years, after which time the assets are returned to the donor or other family members. Current and long-term tax advantages are generated by this gift.
- Charitable Remainder Trusts: The assignment of a remainder gift to the Church and the generation of current income for life to the donor(s), income tax deductions, and the possible reduction of capital gains taxes.
- Endowments: The Church or program is named as the beneficiary and this gift provides a permanent source of funding for the beneficiary, by securing the principal and only utilizing the earnings on an annual basis.
- Life Insurance: The Church is named as a donor’s beneficiary and the insurance payment is transferred from the donor’s estate to the Church upon death, lessening the potential estate tax burden to heirs. Insurance policies that are fully paid can also be donated to the Church and provide a current tax deduction.
We invite you to speak with us and learn more about legacy giving to your Parish Church by contacting (561) 488-1373 or The Diocese of Palm Beach.
Sinverly in Christ,Fr. Dominic Toan Tran, Pastor